Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why? March 12th

Why do I want to be a journalist?
I guess you could say it's been a childhood ambition, ever since I saw a lady journalist in Batman in the early '90s. Seeing her getting swept off her feet by my then hero, made me want to do exactly what she did.
As I got older, I began to appreciate the value of words more, and discovered a love for writing. I wrote a short story when I was six about two kids that couldn't go outside and play because it was raining. I even interviewed Barbie dolls and told my Aunty all the gossip I had found out about Barbie and Ken's relationship.
This love for writing continued on into primary and highschool, where I gave myself the task of interviewing other students for whatever reason it may be. I found joy in scoping out stories and re-telling them to my peers, and have recently done promo work for various activities for my school and a review of the latest school play.
Journalism has always just seemed like this unshakeable urge or passion, I've known for most of my life that this is what I want to do, and there has never been any argument against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment